1. INTRODUCTORY REMARKS
For Échafaudages Secur-IT (hereinafter “Secur-IT “, “we”, “us” or “our”), the protection of the information and data we collect when you visit our website or the websites of our affiliated companies is of the utmost importance and our privacy practices comply with the laws in force in Quebec and in Canada.
- a) you visit the Echafaudagesecurit.com website or the hyperlinked sites of our affiliated companies (hereinafter the “Site”);
- b) you use its newsletter subscription system
- c) you consult pages related to our products or services
- d) you register to receive communications, newsletters, updates, special offers;
- e) you participate in contests and/or promotions.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 DEFINITION OF “PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information” is any information about a natural person that can be used to identify him or her, such as, but not limited to, his or her last name, first name, home address, e-mail address, home phone number, cell phone number.
Echafaudagesecurit.com also collects aggregate and user-specific information on web pages visited by consumers and information voluntarily submitted by consumers, such as survey information and contest entry information. When you visit and interact with Echafaudagesecurit.com, certain information may be automatically collected, including the following:
– Your computer’s IP address;
– the type of browser and operating system used
– the web pages you visit immediately before and after you visit Echafaudagesecurit.com
– your activities in community conversations;
– the Web pages you visit and the links you click on on the Site
– information about the searches you perform on Echafaudagesecurit.com and how you use the results of those searches
– information on the services you use on Echafaudagesecurit.com and the frequency with which you use them
– location data and other information about the mobile devices used to access and interact with Echafaudagesecurit.com
– standard server log information; and
– information collected using HTML and Flash cookies, web beacons and similar technologies
2.2 COMPLIANCE WITH THE TEN (10) PRINCIPLES THAT FORM THE BASIS OF THE MODEL CODE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We are committed to complying with the following ten (10) privacy principles as set out in the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information (CAN/CSA-Q830-96) and enshrined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5).
The full text of the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information is available from the Canadian Standards Association. You can also order the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information by writing to
178 Rexdale Boulevard
Etobicoke, Ontario M9W 1R3
Telephone: 1-800-463-6727, (416) 747-4044
2.3 STATEMENT OF THE TEN (10) PRINCIPLES OF THE MODEL CODE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- A) PRINCIPLE 1 – ACCOUNTABILITY
All of our employees are accountable for the application of and compliance with the principles set out in this Policy. Questions or comments may be directed to our Customer Service Department at the above address and a designated individual will respond to you in a timely manner.
- B) PRINCIPLE 2 – IDENTIFYING PURPOSES
The purposes for which your Personal Information is collected are identified before or at the time of collection. In the event that we wish to collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than those set out in this Policy, we will inform you and obtain your prior consent.
- C) PRINCIPLE 3 – CONSENT
We are committed to obtaining your free and informed consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, except as may be required by law.
- D) PRINCIPLE 4 – LIMITING COLLECTION
The collection of your Personal Information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by us and shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- E) PRINCIPLE 5 – LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Your Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your free and informed consent or as required by law. We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purposes.
- F) PRINCIPLE 6 – ACCURACY
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and as up-to-date as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Information by informing us of any changes to your file and also by informing us of any errors you notice by contacting our Customer Service Department in writing at the address and telephone number listed at the end of this Policy.
- G) PRINCIPLE 7 – SECURITY MEASURES
We have implemented industry standard security measures to protect your Personal Information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Our security measures are reviewed periodically and enhanced as necessary.
Despite these precautions, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure. When you disclose Personal Information on a Web site, that information can be intercepted, collected and used. This applies to information shared on bulletin boards, in chat rooms, and even in emails. You transmit this information at your own risk, regardless of who you send it to, and we cannot be held responsible if any information is intercepted and used by third parties.
- H) PRINCIPLE 8 – TRANSPARENCY
We will make readily available to you, upon request, information about our policies and practices relating to the management and protection of Personal Information.
- I) PRINCIPLE 9 – ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and give you access to that information. You will also be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate. Requests for access to Personal Information may be made to our Customer Service Department, whose contact information is listed at the end of this Policy.
- J) PRINCIPLE 10 – COMPLAINTS AND REQUESTS FOR ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Policy, or if you wish to request access to your Personal Information, please contact our Customer Service Department, whose contact information is listed at the end of this Policy.
2.4 CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In certain circumstances, we will ask you to provide certain Personal Information, for example, when you fill out a form on the Website in the “Contact Us” or “Submission” section.
All Personal Information is collected with your consent and you are free to choose whether or not to provide Personal Information at any time. However, if you do not consent, you will not be able to access those areas of the Site that require you to provide such Personal Information.
- A) PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES
When you provide us with Personal Information belonging to another person, for example, a third party, we assume that you have obtained that person’s valid consent to allow us to collect, use, disclose, process and protect such Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
- B) MINORS
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), please obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before providing us with any Personal Information.
2.5 USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes
– To provide you with the product, service or information you have requested;
– To provide you with customer service;
– To help us evaluate and improve our Site by tailoring its content to your needs and personal preferences;
– To communicate with you, informing you of new offers and promotions as well as any facts or events that may interest you;
– To organize and administer contests and/or surveys;
– To allow us to ensure the quality of exchanges and to apply the rules of propriety in the sections where you can share your comments;
– To conduct business transactions;
– To process payments and collect outstanding debts, if necessary;
– To detect and protect you against errors, fraud, theft and other illegal activities;
– For any other purpose for which you have provided your consent at the time you provided your Personal Information.
Employment Opportunities at Échafaudages Secur-IT: We may advertise employment opportunities on our website. When you apply for a job or submit questions regarding an employment opportunity, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as information contained in a resume, cover letter or similar employment-related materials). We use this information to process and respond to your application or other request.
Contests and Promotions
Finally, Echafaudagesecurit.com may collect information about you if you enter a contest or promotion with Echafaudagesecurit.com, or one of our partners. In addition, Echafaudagesecurit.com will sometimes ask you, via such forms, if you are interested in receiving information about other services, contests or news about Echafaudagesecurit.com or our partners. You will always have the choice to decline this request or to discontinue a subscription to a personalized service that you have previously chosen. The information collected may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth and facts relating to your participation in the contest or promotion.
2.6 SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In accordance with this Policy and the ten (10) principles of the STANDARD CODE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, we may share some of your Personal Information for the purpose of providing services to you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information shared with third parties is protected and maintained in accordance with the principles set forth in this Policy, but we cannot guarantee or be responsible for this.
We would like to make it clear that we will not disclose your Personal Information to advertisers, customers, partners or third parties without first obtaining your written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following persons and organizations in the contexts set out below
- A) TO SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may transfer your Personal Information to service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. This could include, for example, a company or organization that has been retained to provide services for our software or applications.
- B) TO OUR AFFILIATES
We may share your personal information with our affiliates to better serve you and inform you of our products and services.
- C) OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
Occasionally, we may share your Personal Information by sharing our customer lists with organizations that we have selected and that wish to introduce you to products and services that they believe may be of interest to you.
- D) IN CONNECTION WITH COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS
We may become involved in the sale, merger, reorganization or transfer of some or all of our business. As part of these transactions, we may disclose your Personal Information to the acquirer or new organization. In this case, we will require that the acquirer or new organization protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and applicable privacy laws.
- E) UNDER THE LAW
In addition to the contexts mentioned above, we may, for example, disclose your Personal Information
– to our legal counsel;
– to a government agency with authority to obtain such Personal Information;
– if we have reason to believe, in good faith, that disclosure of the Personal Information may be useful in the investigation of illegal or fraudulent activity
– to comply with a court order or decision.
- F) OTHER SOURCES
We may access other information about you from third party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, internet marketing and ad targeting companies), including:
– if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) from Echafaudagesecurit.com your username and login lists for those services;
– demographic data, such as age group, gender and your interests;
– interaction and ad viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and the number of times you viewed a particular ad; and
– unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, which may determine the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Echafaudagesecurit.com may combine the information we collect with information obtained from third parties.
2.7 TO PREVENT SHARING OR TO HAVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION DELETED
You may at any time request that the Personal Information we hold about you not be shared under paragraphs a), b) c) and d) of the preceding section or that it be deleted. Simply send us a request via our contact form, the contact information for which is listed at the end of this Policy, to request that your Personal Information not be shared or deleted from our databases.
3. NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION
3.1 DEFINITION OF “NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION
“Navigational Information” is general information and statistical data that relates to your browsing activity on the Site or the nature of your device (computer, tablet or mobile device), your browsing history, the length of your visit to the Site, the pages viewed, the order in which pages are viewed, the content of those pages, the number of clicks, your general geographic location (country or province), and the advertisements and videos you view on the Site.
3. 2 COLLECTION OF NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION
Navigational Information is not Personal Information and is not used to discover your identity. It is used for the purposes described below.
You may, however, at any time, delete cookies from your device or disable the functionality that allows them to be stored by consulting the configuration options of your Web browser. If you make this choice, you will still be able to access the information on the Site but you will be considered a new user each time you visit.
A cookie (hereinafter the “Cookie(s)”) is a text file that may be stored in a terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone) when consulting a Service with a browser. A Cookie allows its issuer, during its validity period, to recognize the terminal concerned each time this terminal accesses digital content containing Cookies from the same issuer.
The User is informed that, when connecting to the Site or the Applications and when using the Services, Cookies are installed on the User’s terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) for the proper functioning of the Services, or on the User’s browser, subject to the User’s expressed choice concerning Cookies; this choice may be modified at any time.
1) WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF COOKIES?
In order to best inform the User about Cookies, it is appropriate to group these Cookies into 5 categories: (a) Site and Application browsing Cookies (b) Audience measurement Cookies (c) Advertising Cookies (d) Social network sharing Cookies (e) “Flash”© Cookies from “Adobe Flash Player”™.
Browsing Cookies on the Site and Applications:
Browsing Cookies allow to improve the performance of the Services in order to provide the User with a better use of the Site and Applications. These Cookies do not require the User’s prior information and consent to be deposited on the User’s terminal.
More specifically, these browsing cookies allow us to
- To adapt the presentation of the Site and the Applications to the display preferences of the terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during the Users’ visits to the Site and the Applications, according to the hardware and the display or reading software that the terminal has;
- To memorize information relating to the form that the User has filled out on the Site and the Applications or to information that the User has chosen on the Site or the Application; To offer the User access to his/her account or to any other reserved space thanks to his/her identifiers;
- To implement security measures, for example when the User is asked to connect again to a content or a Service after a certain period of time has elapsed.
Cookies for audience measurement:
Audience measurement Cookies help to establish statistics and volumes of traffic and use of the various elements comprising the Site and the Applications (sections and content visited, paths), enabling the Publisher to improve the interest and ergonomics of the Services.
Advertising Cookies make it possible to determine in real time which advertisement to display based on the User’s recent browsing on the Site and the Applications in order to limit the number of times the User has seen an advertisement and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Social Network Sharing Cookies:
The Publisher provides Users with the ability to share editorial content and any type of content published on the Site through social networking sites. Social network cookies are managed by the publisher of the social network site. The User is invited to read the social network cookie management policy on the relevant sites.
2) HOW CAN THE USER MANAGE COOKIES?
The agreement on the Cookies
The User is presumed to have given his/her consent:
- by clicking on the “X” icon or the “I understand” button appearing on the information banner visible at the time of his first connection to the Site;
- by continuing to browse, i.e. when the User has clicked on an element of the Site (image, link, “search” button, etc.) or has gone to another page of the Site.
If the User accepts the recording of Cookies in his terminal via his navigation software, the Cookies integrated in the pages and contents that he has consulted may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space of his terminal. They will be readable only by their sender.
The consent given by the User is valid for a period of thirteen (13) months from the first deposit in the User’s terminal equipment, following the expression of the User’s consent.
Refusal of Cookies
If the User refuses the storage of Cookies in his terminal or browser, or if he deletes those stored there, the User is informed that his navigation and experience on the Site or the Application may be limited. This may also be the case when the Publisher or one of its service providers cannot recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal appears to be connected to the Internet.
Where applicable, the Publisher accepts no responsibility for the consequences of the impaired functioning of the Services resulting from (i) the User’s refusal to accept Cookies (ii) the Publisher’s inability to save or consult the Cookies necessary for their functioning due to the User’s choice.
3.4 USE OF YOUR NAVIGATIONAL INFORMATION
We collect your Navigational Information for the following purposes:
– To measure your interest in our promotions, special offers and certain parts of our Site;
– To generate statistical data regarding the performance of our Site, the use of its content, and its traffic;
– To improve communication between our server and your browser;
– To improve your browsing experience by, for example, offering you your choice of language and other settings that are specific to you and that you do not have to enter repeatedly.
3.5 CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We aggregate and analyze the data we collect to learn more about how Echafaudagesecurit.com is used. Among other things, we may use this information to monitor and analyze the use of Echafaudagesecurit.com, improve its operation and better tailor its content and design to meet the needs of our visitors.
3.6 CUSTOMER SERVICE
6595, chemin St-Élie, suite A
Sherbrooke QC J1R 0P5
OFFICE OF THE PRIVACY COMMISSIONER OF CANADA
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada can also answer some of your questions and you can contact them for information. By telephone, toll free: 1-800-282-1376. Via the website: https://www.priv.gc.ca